Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ahhhhh....Employment!


Yes, dear blogosphere, it's true. Beginning January and for the length of the spring 2007 semester, yours truly will be the Interim Chaplain at Big Ivy U.

I am just so darned pleased.

I have always thought I would be well-suited to campus ministry/ university chaplaincy (though these evidently are two very different things, as Friends Who Know have told me). However, since my ordination I have been in an area for which there is not much demand for this sort of thing. The local state U. does not have any mainline Protestant campus ministry, and for a brief time I considered going hat in hand to local mainline churches in an effort to spearhead something, proposing myself as a kind of organizing chaplain. However, with no direct experience (save four happy years as an undergraduate active in campus ministry, in an increasingly misty past), I didn't imagine having much success with that pitch.

At the end of May, I will have experience. And I will know whether I love it as much as I suspect I will.

Can you tell I'm excited?

Philippians 4:13, darlings!

PS: Thanks to MadPriest for his prayer tips--- a big thumbs up for being clear and direct!

4 comments:

steve said...

Congratulations! I'm very happy and excited for you. And, I should add, they're very fortunate to have found you.

Stacey said...

Congratulations! I LOVED being a college chaplain, and I hope you will too!

RevCindi said...

Congrats. I can tell you that my college chaplain made a HUGE difference in my life. I'm still finding places in my heart where he touched.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. I hope you will enjoy this opportunity -- I know that those you will be ministering to will be blessed by your ministry.