Happy! Happy!! Happy!!!
I've said to Petra, "I'm SOOOOO happy!!!" about three kajillion times since the end of church at about 11:45 this morning.
- The Cantata went better than it had any right to (what with my unreliable high G, which kicked in sheerly due to divine intervention: I didn't suck. The choir was downright good.).
- The congregation showed up, despite icy roads (not a huge turnout, but respectable and well above the feared "10").
- So far, no news of any mishaps driving in either direction.
- A fabulous holiday bazaar, at which Petra and I scooped up some (a bunch of) cookies for the imminent (tomorrow) return of Larry-O.
- A wonderful showing for "white gift Sunday" (read: lots of food for folks in diminished circumstances this holiday season.... anyone out there ever heard of "white" gifts? The name makes me a little uneasy...