Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Three Meme


I self- tagged from this meme found at Wyld's place....

What are your three favorite Christmas songs and who sings them?
  • "Songs We Love" by the Burns Sisters
  • "I Wonder as I Wander" sung by Linda Ronstadt
  • "Christmas Blues" sung by Holly Cole
What are your three favorite Christmas foods?
  • Cookies, Cookies, Cookies
  • Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding
  • My own homemade Cranberry Coffee Cake (made once a year, for Christmas)
What are three Christmas Secrets?
  • Christmas is a holiday that started with pagan cults (the festival of the unquenchable sun), which was then "Christianized" for various political reasons, and which has returned, finally, to its pagan roots (the worship of inanimate objects). Despite all of which, I love it, all out of proportion to rationality.
  • The Christmas before my husband fell in love with someone else, our tree fell over and the only ornament that broke was a Lenox angel with his name on it. (My parents had given us four, all personalized).
  • This Christmas I am buying myself something I've wanted a long time, a digital camera.
What are your three favorite Christmas movies?
  • "The Ref" starring Dennis Leary
  • "The Santa Clause" starring Tim Allen... makes me cry every time.
  • "It's A Wonderful Life" starring Jimmy Stewart

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you a camera is a good gift, but I think you should get yourself a appointment at a Day Spa also.
;)

Diane M. Roth said...

great 3 X 3...and I love what you say about "the worship of inanimate objects.
I need to hear Linda Ronstadt singing "I wonder as I wander"

Magdalene6127 said...

Wyld, that's a very thoughtful suggestion. My dad's always telling me to go get a massage. Maybe I'll take both your recommendations!

Diane, it's a gorgeous album... both contemporary and traditional songs on the album. She really is a consummate artist.

Unknown said...

I wanted to add I am happy to have met you, virtually is ok.

:)

Magdalene6127 said...

Same here, Wyld! The blogging world is a big one, and it's been great getting to know folks I otherwise wouldn't cross paths with.

Jan said...

I'm glad you're getting yourself a digital camera. It was fun to read your answers. I'd forgotten that "The Ref" is a Christmas movie, too.

Barbara B. said...

I hadn't even heard of "The Ref" -- think I should rent it!
Enjoy the digital camera! You should post your pictures here!