Monday, June 23, 2008

Well, That Was an Ungracious, Bitchy Thing to Say


These are the words that popped into my head as a church member-- whom I have thought of as a smart, funny, interesting, want-to-use-her-gifts-in-the-best-way-possible person-- slammed one rather important aspect of yesterday's service.

It was a beautiful service, thanks, in large part, to persons other than myself leading and ministering beautifully.

It was a meaningful service for the five individuals who joined the church (including my Petra).

It highlighted one aspect of our ministry, but, I believe, appropriately, and within the context of our ministry of worship.

She was the very first person to greet me at the door as the service ended.

What she said was mean-spirited, aimed at one person (not me), and totally objectionable.

So... help me let go of it, God. Why is it still bothering me?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

(((mags)))
What can you do today to move the thoughts in your head around? I like a walk for that. Air blows through, at least metaphorically, and I always have better, or at least different, perspective, when I return.
Hope you find your way, whatever it might be. (And some things people say really ARE objectionable, it takes more than a minute to get over them!)

KnittinPreacher said...

(((mags)))!

I think Songbird is on the right track with the activity part. Or know that you have posted it, and left it here so you have room in your head for other things. We can hold it for a while.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Songbird and Knittinpreacher. Sometimes writing it down is like working it through.

Hope it's out of your head now.

Fran said...

What Songbird, Knittingpreacher and Dcup said...

I pray for you to release it. It is hard when that sort of thing happens, hard to let go.

Pax my sister. (and I do love seeing Dcup here, truly I do indeed.)

Jan said...

Try "Bless --------, change me." It's hard. It is hard to give over words that hurt.

Magdalene6127 said...

Thanks all. I feel like such a whiner... especially knowing that my little jab pales by comparison with some of the bull my colleagues have to put up with (KP, I'm looking at you honey).

And... yes, it was out of my head, all day. I had a great day. Hope you all had the same.

more cows than people said...

think i'm late to this support party. glad you've got such a great circle around you dear one.

hard to let some stuff go, eh?

Diane M. Roth said...

(((mags))) why ask why? probably it's hard to let go of because it was so unexpected. and maybe harder beause it wasn't you.