Rules: The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions/statements about himself or herself. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Ten years ago:
I was working (very, very happily) as the Director of Christian Education and Youth Ministries in a fabulous church, where I had just become a Presbyterian (on my birthday, no less). I had also just returned home from my first Annual Recreation Workshop at Montreat, a conference I urge anyone who is involved in youth ministry to take in at least once. My children were 1o years old and five years old... in other words, they were still enthralled with church and everything I had taught them about prayer and God. I was still married to my college sweetheart (we would celebrate our 16th anniversary that fall).
Five things on today's "to do" list:
- Letters to church members about membership status.
- Write a "Hello, I'm the Pastor!" letter for the front of our church's new pictorial directory.
- Lunch with the sewing circle at a wonderful local diner, to which we drove under the bluest sky filled with the fluffiest clouds I've ever seen.
- Drive a beloved friend to an ultrasound appointment.
- Cook beef with broccoli for myself and those two children (who are now 20 and 15, and have pretty much made up their own minds about life, the universe and everything).
- Give at least 90 percent of it away-- to food pantries, human rights organizations, other causes that help "the least of these." (That still would leave me with a tidy $100 million).
- Buy Larry-O an apartment in NYC so that he could start his acting career without having to worry about paying the rent.
- Travel more... I want to go to every continent. First, the Holy Lands.
- Buy my dad a place near me. OR get a private jet so that I could see him more.
Three bad habits:
- Allowing clutter to build up-- especially paper.
- Avoiding doing the things that make me anxious.
- Caring too much what other people think.
Five places I've lived:
- In an apartment above a liquor store
- In a college dorm
- In a roach-infested city apartment
- In a Cape Cod style house in a college town
- In a hundred year old house in an historic district
Five jobs I've had:
- Secretary at an insurance company
- Singer in a bar
- Area Assistant in an HMO Health center (receptionist)
- College Chaplain
- Interim Pastor