Monday, February 18, 2008

The Better-Late-Than-Never Book Meme!

I was tagged by Knittin Preacher to do the book meme.... and here it goes!

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more.

Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison, one of about 6 books I am currently reading, and none of which I am finishing, for some reason.

Find page 123: (Interesting, I was on page 126).

Find the first 5 sentences. Done.

Post the next three sentences.

Tears began to run down my face.

"Bone?"

"Auntie, don't ask me."

If you are at all familiar about the book, these three sentences are, in a strange way, very much the heart of the story.

People, tag thyselves!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wacky.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'm interested in getting in touch with you regarding your 2007 Easter Sermon/Mary Monologue. I'm wondering if you would be willing to grant permission for me/others to use it -- I'd be happy to credit you as its author/creator.

Magdalene6127 said...

KSU Wildcat, could you please provide me with an email address? I attempted the one through your AIM screenname, but it bounced back to me.

Mags

Anonymous said...

teacherpreacher@embarqmail.com. Sorry the other one bounced...thanks for your reply :-)

Jan said...

Makes me want to read the book.

Barbara B. said...

I agree with Jan! :)