Saturday, April 05, 2008
Well, in the end you did a very good job. But for those who are still wondering, here are the remaining answers to the Movie Meme.
4. "What kind of people sit in a restaurant and don't say one word to each other?"
Two for the Road. Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney. It's sixtiestastic... do go rent it.
8. "What does the lily mean?"
"The lily means... the lily means, 'I dare you to love me.'"
Imagine Me and You. A sweet love story about a woman who falls in love with another woman on her way down the aisle to marry a man. Oops! A tear-jerker at moments, but lovely. And YES. They play the song. Awesome.
9. "If you don't fall in with us, nothing holds together."
"I'm not going back. I'm fighting this thing."
Stop-Loss. A devastating portrait of soldiers coming home from Iraq, and one who gets "stop-lossed": sent back, even though his tour was supposed to be over. Painful, beautiful.
10. "Would you shut up? I'm atoning!"
Kissing Jessica Stein. Too cute.
14. "When was the last time you were decently kissed? I mean, really, honestly good and kissed?"
That Thing You Do. I just loved this movie. Adorable, feel-good story of a little-band-that-could, playing a Beatles-esque pop tune on a long summer tour in the optimistic sixties. And the funniest man in the world would be Steve Zahn.
Go ye forth and rent, good readers!