I found this over at DCup's place (you really should go there, by the way. Smart woman. Exquisite politics. Real life.). I'm self-tagging.
Here are the meme rules:
1) Here are 15 quotes from my favorite movies
2) See if you can name the films from whence they were lifted.
3) No googling or IMDBing; I'm trusting you on this.
4) I'll post the film names as they’re correctly identified.
1. "We're happy, aren't we? Terribly happy? Our marriage is a success, isn't it? A great success?"
Anonymous got it! Rebecca!
2. "Wait... No! I mean, can't we just, like, kick this old school? Like, I have the baby, put it in a basket and send it your way, like, Moses and the reeds?"
Bronislava got it! Juno!
3. "You're maudlin and full of self-pity. You're magnificent!"
sermon-borrower got it! All About Eve!
4. "What kind of people sit in a restaurant and don't say one word to each other?"
5. "But the worst are the fundamentalist preachers. Third grade con men telling the poor suckers that watch them that they speak with Jesus, and to please send in money. Money, money, money! If Jesus came back and saw what's going on in his name, he'd never stop throwing up."
The Pagan Sphynx got it! Hannah and Her Sisters!
6. "Allow me to explain about the theatre business. The natural condition is one of insurmountable obstacles on the road to imminent disaster."
Wyldth1ng got it! Shakespeare in Love!
7. "God was showing off when he made you. "
KnittinPreacher got it! Keeping the Faith!
8. "What does the lily mean?"
"The lily means... the lily means, 'I dare you to love me.'"
9. "If you don't fall in with us, nothing holds together."
"I'm not going back. I'm fighting this thing."
10. "Would you shut up? I'm atoning!"
11. "You talk of feeling idle and useless. Imagine how that is compounded when one has no hope, no choice of any occupation whatsoever."
"Our circumstances are therefore precisely the same."
"Except that you will inherit your fortune. We cannot even earn ours."
Diane got it! It's Sense and Sensibility!
12. "Listen, I'm a big supporter of fixing potholes and erecting swing sets and building shelters. I am *more* than happy to pay those taxes. I'm just not such a big fan of the percentage that the government uses for national defense, corporate bailouts, and campaign discretionary funds. So, I didn't pay those taxes. I think I sent a letter to that effect with my return."
"Would it be the letter that begins 'Dear Imperialist Swine'?"
sermon-borrower got it! Stranger Than Fiction!
13. "You wanted to tussle. We tussled."
sermon-borrower got it! Out of Sight!
14. "When was the last time you were decently kissed? I mean, really, honestly good and kissed?"
15. "...the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the surrey park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume."
KnittinPreacher got it! Atonement!
Post your educated guesses in the comments!