Wyldth1ng tagged me! Here goes:
1. When I was in first grade I wore a rosary on my belt, I was that serious about my spiritual life.
2. As a child, I saw the move The Sound of Music 13 times in the theater (do you sense a theme emerging?).
3. I wanted to be a Poor Clare (that is, a cloistered contemplative nun) after reading "A Right To Be Merry" by Sister Mary Frances. The title is from a quote of St. Francis of Assisi, who said, "My poor ladies have as great a right to be merry as anyone in the world." This was in response to someone criticizing Poor Clares because they permitted laughter as an exception to the rule of silence. I wrote to Sr. Mary F's monastery (in Roswell, NM) and got her to assign a postulant to be my penpal (like I said...). For her consecration I sent her 20 yards of unbleached muslin for her habit.
4. When I was 15 I fell seriously in love with a (gay) boy, discovered my hormones, and back-burnered the whole celibate thing for a while.
5. I started college as a pre-med.
6. I ended college as a philosophy major.
7. Naturally, the next step for me was to sell insurance.
8. I had my call to ministry while driving down Route 128 (outside Boston), listening to the Amy Grant song, "Lead Me On." I kid you not.
9. From call to ordination: 14 years. (This had something to do with the whole Roman Catholic thing).
10. When I was in college I acted on stage opposite Gordon Macrae in Camelot. He was a sweetie pie.
Not nearly as interesting as some I've read... but they're my random things, this afternoon.
PS: I tag Diane, Barbara B., Milton, Jan and Bishop Laura.