Friday, October 27, 2006

Halloween from (this) Christian Perpective


Having posted the Ghoulish Friday Five (see below) without a second thought, it occurs to me that not all my clergy colleagues out there would do so, certainly not so blithely. There are those who have serious concerns that the celebration of Halloween amounts to satanic worship, invocation of the dark world and its spirits, and a serious departure from Christianity.

To these dear ones, I say: lighten up. And stop trying to take Harry Potter books out of school libraries. And, if you hear only one thing I have to say, hear this: have more confidence in God. OK?

3 comments:

revhipchick said...

amen!

i love your point about having more confidence in God!

Unknown said...

Amen and go shine the light of God.
Love the picture. Oh and welcome to revgalblogpals.

steve said...

I agree completely! If you're interested, you can check out my post about Halloween on my blog at beyond-assumptions.blogspot.com.

Take care!